FILING A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIM IN OHIO
After a work injury, you may expect your employer to provide you with reasonable compensation and benefits to assist in your recovery. You may rightfully be entitled to compensation for your medical treatment and lost wages, as well as additional compensation if you are permanently injured and out of the workforce.
At Castrodale Law, LLC, we can walk you through every part of the workers’ compensation process, starting from the beginning with filing a workers’ compensation claim. Attorney Gloria Castrodale has over 25 years of experience helping Ohio’s workers get the compensation they need to ease the financial burden of their recovery.
Starting A Claim
Following an injury or incident, or as soon as you become aware of incurring a disease due to your occupation, you should inform your employer.
After doing so, you will need to file an official claim with the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) by completing a First Report of an Injury, Occupational Disease or Death (FROI) form, which will ask you to put in detail the circumstances surrounding your injury or disease.
After the claim is filed, a thorough investigation is performed and your employer has the right to accept your claim or reject your claim.
Therefore, it is most important that you do the following:
- Report the injury immediately
- Do not delay medical treatment
- Be certain to explain the mechanism of the injury to your doctor
- Contact attorney Castrodale for a free consultation
What We Can Do For You
At Castrodale Law, LLC, we:
- Assist with filing your claim
- Handle all the documentation and paperwork necessary to filing a successful claim
- Look out for you and advise you of your rights and responsibilities
- Inform you with precise, logical and truthful explanations
- Simplify the process
We Can Work With You
Call us at 937-323-9783, or use the online form to speak with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. Our office is located in Springfield, Ohio.